Chances are good that you know someone who is earning a degree through an online college program or is considering it to bolster their education. Over the past decade, the enormous capabilities of today’s technology have ushered in thousands of online learning opportunities for those who would like to earn a degree on their own time.
Online Learning Pays Dividends for the Rest of Your Career
Online learning benefits students who are looking for a high-quality education, convenience, and the opportunity to learn, even if their work or family schedule is demanding. Students who graduate from an accredited online program have marketable job skills, a knowledge of their major that is based in theory and experience, and the ability to achieve and surpass their career goals. As they progress through their careers, our students find online courses to be an advantage for many reasons.
- You can take courses from anywhere. The internet has made it possible to learn and share in an environment that’s different from a traditional classroom setting. Students study using online materials that can include discussion boards, videos, online tests, and group projects — all virtual, but all developed specifically so that students can master all topics in the course curricula.
- Online programs are convenient. Work, family, and busy schedules are often the main barriers that people cite when they explain why they can’t get a degree. With an online program, however, you can learn on your own time and study when it’s convenient for you. If your job takes you out of town often, or your work schedule is adjusted every few weeks, you don’t have to worry about not making it to class. Instead, you can simply open your computer and connect to your materials morning, noon, or night, 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Different degrees and programs are available. Many online programs are developed for students who are looking for a marketable degree that they can use as soon as they graduate. Lindenwood Online, for example, offers undergraduate degrees in programs like criminal justice and RN to BSN — both highly sought after. Our online master’s degrees include an MBA and a Nursing MSN. These graduate programs will serve profitable fields through the next few decades.
- Minimal materials are needed to complete a program. Students will need to have a computer and internet availability to access course materials. Some courses require a printer, too. Everything else, like books, will be located in a digital form on Lindenwood Online’s portal. We also suggest that you back up your materials with an external hard drive or other external source.
- You are connected to both students and instructors. Many students believe that the most important part of the learning process is the ability to communicate with their instructors and their classmates. We agree. An online program that is designed to foster interaction using video lectures, multimedia materials, question-and-answer sessions, and group discussions and projects makes communication easy and natural.
Contact Lindenwood Online Today
If you’re ready for the next step in your education and your career, Lindenwood Online has four undergraduate degrees and eight graduate degrees. Call or contact our admissions department today to learn more.