WordFocus.com, a website that helps people become better writers, recently named Lindenwood University’s MFA in Writing program as one of their choices for their top ten list of Masters In Creative Writing Online Programs.
WordFocus was impressed by Lindenwood’s mix of courses in the 48-credit hour program, which gives students the opportunity to learn about the genres they find most interesting or that are related to their careers objectives.
There are several significant factors that put us on this list:
- The MFA program offers intensive courses in fiction workshops, fiction writing, advanced poetry workshops, creative nonfiction, prose, and a three-credit graduate thesis.
- The Lindenwood University faculty members who teach this program’s coursework are all experienced writers and include published authors, editors and journalists.
- Lindenwood offers a $60 off per credit hour grant for those students who are currently teaching in elementary, middle, and high schools.
- This program includes critiquing opportunities, which are essential as writers continue to develop their craft. Although this is an online program, the critiquing process is accomplished using Lindenwood’s student portal system.
- There are opportunities for all students to take part in school activities, including serving as an editorial assistant for The Lindenwood Review, the University’s literary journal. Two literary readings are held each year and the program shares publication opportunities and other literary events for students.
WordFocus also considered this program’s accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
If you’d like more information about the MFA in Writing online degree, please contact MFA Writing Program Director Beth Mead at email@example.com or 636-949-4524.